You can transfer your funds in three ways, from:
- another provider to an existing Kent Reliance ISA
- another provider to a new Kent Reliance ISA
- a Kent Reliance ISA to an existing Kent Reliance ISA
Cash ISA Transfer Form Guide to ISA transfers
Transferring money into an existing Kent Reliance ISA from another provider
- If you’d like to transfer funds into your Kent Reliance ISA from another provider, just fill in a transfer form for each ISA and send it back to us.
- If you opened your ISA in one of our branches you can send it back by post or visit a branch.
Transferring money into a new Kent Reliance ISA from another provider
- Download and complete the relevant application form from the product page of the ISA you want
- Fill in the Kent Reliance transfer form for each ISA you wish to transfer.
- Alternatively, you can complete the application and transfer ISA funds form online, subject to eligibility
Important information about transfers from other providers:
- A request to transfer funds from another provider must occur within 30 days of your account being opened.
- We’ll only hold your request open for 30 days. If you have a notice account with your current provider, please check your notice period before submitting your request.
- Once we’ve received the completed Kent Reliance ISA form from you, we’ll need to contact your existing provider, so please allow up to 15 working days for a cash ISA transfer and 30 days for a stocks and shares ISA transfer from when we receive your form for the transfer to take place.
- Under HMRC regulations, you’re not permitted to have two cash ISAs with different ISA providers at the same time both holding funds for the current tax year.
- If you open a cash ISA with us, and we’re subsequently informed that you already have a current tax year cash ISA with another provider, we’ll amend the opening date of your Kent Reliance ISA to the official transfer date - normally the date your other ISA provider transferred funds to us. This will be deemed as the date we accept your subscription and you won’t earn interest prior to this date.
- If your total ISA subscriptions in a tax year exceed HMRC’s limit, we’ll return any excess amount to you without interest as soon as we become aware that the limit has been exceeded.
A few things to note:
- If you’d like to transfer from more than one provider, you’ll need to complete a transfer form for each one; we are not responsible for charges made by other ISA providers.
- Some providers may charge you a fee for transferring to a Kent Reliance ISA, so check this before completing any transfer forms.
- Interest is payable from the date transferred funds are received by us.
Find out more by downloading this visual guide to the ISA transfer process.
Guide to ISA transfers
Some ISA providers are facing delays in transferring ISA funds. Be assured we’re taking special measures to ensure this doesn't affect any accounts opened.
You'll receive confirmation in the post when the transfer is complete.
Transferring money from an existing Kent Reliance ISA to a new Kent Reliance ISA
Making a switch between your Kent Reliance ISA products, or a partial transfer of funds from one ISA to another is simple.
Choose the account you’d like to transfer to from our available ISAs and apply online or alternatively visit your local branch and complete an application form.
Switching between ISAs is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of both accounts. For example, any early closure charge on your existing ISA may apply.
Thinking of leaving us?
We’d be sad to see you go, but if you wish to transfer funds out of your Kent Reliance account to another provider, see our transfer out page for information.