Protecting your money

Our regulatory status and codes of practice

OneSavings Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (registered number 530504). It’s also a member of the Building Societies Association and subscribes to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

If we get it wrong, we'll put it right

At Kent Reliance we’re committed to giving you the best service at all times. If we don’t deliver the standard of service you expect or if we make a mistake, we need to know so we can put things right.

We aim to resolve all complaints by the close of business the following working day. If this isn’t possible, we’ll let you know we’ve received your complaint and are investigating it.

Find out more about how to complain.

We subscribe to the Financial Ombudsman Service

While we hope to be able to resolve any problem through our internal complaints procedure, customers can appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service after internal procedures have been exhausted.

Important information about compensation arrangements

We’re covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a Bank/Building Society is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors – including most individuals and small businesses – are covered by the scheme.

In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000. For joint accounts, each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £85,000 each (making a total of £170,000). The £85,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all eligible depositors' accounts with the Bank/Building Society, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account.

For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please contact us, ask at your local branch, refer to the FSCS website or call 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100.